It’s the holiday season, a time for good cheer and making money!
Wondering how you can enter 2015 in the black? Here are five simple steps that will get you on the right track.
1. Make the Most of Gift Cards. Over $100 billion is spent on gift cards every year. Make it EASY for your customers to get gift cards/certificates from you. During the holidays offer gift cards at a discount on select days, sell them online, display them in plain sight, promote them on box tops, offer to mail them if paid for over the phone, etc. Gift cards are one of the easiest ways for restaurants to make money over the holidays; use it to your advantage.
2. Promote Your Space for Holiday Parties and Catering. Nearly every business in American holds a holiday party for its employees. It’s not too late to call, mail, email local businesses and let them know that your pizzeria is available for their event, possibly at a discount, depending on how many people are in the party.
3. Create Special Holiday Menu Items. Think outside the box and feature special holiday-themed pizzas, calzones, cocktails, hot beverages and more. Customers love using food to get into the holiday spirit.
4. Offer Holiday Pricing. As a gift to customers, offer special holiday pricing for a week or two as your way of saying, “Thank you for a great year!” Don’t forget to promote on social media, in-store, and e-blasts.
5. Throw a Holiday Party! What better way to say Happy Holidays than to throw a holiday party for your best customers? Send out personal invites to your best customers (you can compile this list using your POS). Ask them each to bring a friend who has never been to the pizzeria, and you’ll quickly grow your customer base.
What other ideas do you have for increasing December sales? Tell me about them in the comments section below.