Tomorrow is the 4th of July, and it’s never too late to get in on the celebration. While some spend weeks or months planning, you can create something festive overnight that customers will remember for weeks, starting with the below ideas.
1. Offer a discount to anyone wearing something patriotic, blasting the offer out on email/text/social media to all of your fans.
2. Bring pizza to local fireworks organizers (usually the Fire Department). You’ll earn some new fans and get your name out to the community while feeding hungry firefighters.
3. Invite some of your top customers to view the fireworks with you at a local park (free pizza included). Keep the party to as many or as few people as you want.
4. Even if you don’t normally offer catering, offer 4th of July takeout trays of wings, bread sticks, mozzarella sticks, salad, etc. Folks will need food to take to backyard barbecues.
5. Set up a pizza grill outside the pizzeria (if you have the skills/space/zoning) and create your own pizza grilling zone.
6. Host your own pizza/wing eating contest like the hot dog eating contest held on Coney Island. Contestants are never hard to find at the last minute when free pizza/gift cards are involved.
Good luck promoting! Let me know if you try any of the above ideas or if you have some clever ideas of your own to share.