It’s easy to see the difference between a pizzeria filled with happy employees and one filled with disgruntled ones. When your staff is happy and feels supported, it trickles down to your customers (as does the effect of an unhappy staff member).
There are a few simple steps you can follow each day to make sure staff members feel appreciated and supported. The more support they feel, the more support they’ll return to you.
1. Keep the lines of communication open, sharing your goals for the company and how your staff fits in.
2. Help give team members a sense of accomplishment through regular challenges and contests.
3. Take a genuine interest in the lives of your staff members so that they don’t feel like a number.
4. Ask staff for their opinions and viewpoints.
5. Maintain staff morale with regularly scheduled team building meetings.
6. Set the bar high and consistently reward employees for a job well done.
How do you keep your staff happy? Let me know in the comments section below.