Leave a Comment
Hard to believe, but there are still pizzeria operators who believe they do not need a website. Many businesses are now, unfortunately, considering a Facebook or Twitter page to be the new “website.” However, social media will not give customers the immediate information they are seeking when it comes to menus and contact information, not everyone uses social media, and these pages usually do not appear in browser searches.
Are you losing potential customers because you don’t have a website, and if so, why don’t you have one?
Years ago, it used to be a big undertaking to develop a website, involving designers and thousands of dollars. Nowadays there are dozens of inexpensive, and often free, software programs and websites that allow you to build an easy template site in a matter of minutes (they can even take care of getting the domain online for you). With a pizzeria, your site would only need location/contact information, hours, and a menu if you wanted to keep it really simple.
Having a website would do the following for your pizzeria:
- Make you look serious about having a business, and staying in business.
- Attract new customers that would otherwise not have found you while searching the Web.
- Show an increased level of customer service by providing information where your customers are looking for it.
- Give you a fighting chance against your competitors who already have a web presence.
- Provide your business with additional credibility and allow you to reference your site to business partners, employee prospects, etc.
- Allow your pizzeria’s information to be visible 24/7.
- Save you some money on advertising and menu flyers by leading customers to the website.
- Help you track how many people visit your site.
- Save time on the phone since most people will find the answer they need on your site before calling.
Still on the fence? Take a serious look at the benefits above and talk with others who are online about their own experiences.